Judd is leaving for Shanghai tomorrow. He will be gone for a week, then back for the weekend; then off to Jakarta again. My Mom arrived yesterday in order to keep the rest of us company. Her last visit was more than a year ago. The idea for tonight was that once the kids were asleep, Judd and I would spend the rest of the evening together and have a late dinner - a rarity. However, there were just too many things going on and we wanted to spend time with the kids....so we opted instead to cook a special meal at home so we could all celebrate Valentine's Day together. Not a bad trade off.
No special treats today, no flowers or chocolates....my request was for a bowl of Judd's special popcorn. I'm pretty easy!
Anyway, another list of questions were sent by friends to honor this year's Valentine's Day - kind of cute, I thought! It was certainly fun to read everyone else's answers. I figured it would be nice to post it here too...
♥ What are your middle names?
Maria Vina (Locsin) Marcos Rossuck
Judd Frederick (Harris) Rossuck
♥ How long have you been together?
15+ years
♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
11 years
♥ Who asked who out?
He did. Over the phone (first time we've spoken in 9 years - mostly by mail during that period)
♥ How old are each of you?
Judd - 39, Me - 39
♥ Whose siblings do/ did you see the most?
Mine - Manila is closer than the US to us right now.
♥ Do you have any children together?
Liam Skye and Ariana Sofia
♥ What about pets?
None. Liam is allergic to dog/cat hair - BUT he loves animals. He loves the huge dogs at his Grandpa's house in Alabama. He took care and LOVED a friend's pet rabbit while they were on vacation over the holidays. However, I prefer not having animals around. If we go back to the US, the deal is, the pet stays in the garage, not a lot of hair, they clean and take care of it. I can just admire it from afar...sounds horrible, I know!
♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Living in 2 different countries (before marriage); long business trips that keep us apart (now); being far away from all our relatives so not a lot of support system
♥ Did you go to the same school?
Hong Kong International school for 3 yrs; '83-'86
♥ Are you from the same home town?
Nope. Hahahahahaha.
♥ Who is the smartest?
Okay, I'll be brave and answer this one - back in school, all levels, HE was (is?), no question - at work, definitely; everyday common sense, domestic issues (bills/insurance/etc), diy at home, street smart? ME, hands down. I'm okay with that. We concur, we compliment, we argue.
♥ Who is the most sensitive?
Dang! Me....
♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Japanese
♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
HK-Zurich-London-NY-HK
♥ Who has the craziest exes?
Hahaha! Me.
♥ Who has the worst temper?
Me. Dad passed it along to all the siblings.
♥ Who does the cooking?
Judd taught me to cook my first spaghetti sauce, using bottled Prego, altered. Now I do all the cooking and Judd still thinks he knows how to cook, hahaha. I've improved on the spaghetti sauce - upgraded to Bolognese.
♥ Who is more social?
Moi
♥ Who is the neat-freak?
JUDD - Super OC to the MAX. I am his living nightmare. Figure that one out.
♥ Who is the more stubborn?
BOTH. Help us!
♥ Who hogs the bed?
Judd. Sleeps like he's on a rotisserie. Turns, twists, takes the blanket.
♥ Who wakes up earlier?
The alarm clock. I have 3. You get the point.
♥ Where was your first date?
His apartment in HK during a typhoon, signal 8.
♥ Who has the bigger family?
He comes from a family of 4. Mine, 3.
♥ Do you get flowers often?
I got a bunch of flowers from the whole family once, bought from the wet market, still wrapped in newspaper. No, flowers are rare...instead, I get love letters. Swoon.
♥ How do you spend the holidays?
With family, if travelling is possible, at a beach destination.
♥ Who is more jealous?
I used to be. Got over it, haha, other things worthy of my time.
♥ How long did it take to get serious?
After 3 months. He showed up in Manila to meet my parents and friends as a surprise.
♥ Who eats more?
He does, big guy. But I can match him.....sadly.
♥ Who does/ did the laundry?
Me. Fairly OC about that.
♥ Who’s better at the computer ?
He is, for sure.
♥ Who drives when you are together?
In Singapore, he drives most of the time, but he also insists I drive so I can get over being nervous driving on the other side. I'm fine, I just can't stand the cabs and motorcycles!
I hope your Valentine's Day was just as special!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, be kind and don't judge me =)