Friday, February 20, 2009

A friend had asked on Wednesday "Who stole Monday and Tuesday?". There's work to be done but the days are going by so fast, there's not enough time to finish the work. What is odd to me is that the week both felt LONG and SHORT. Long, because when Judd is away on business, I usually have to do the work of two parents (which allows me to appreciate the work of single parents who also have to earn a living!). When Judd is home, we have a routine - he knows his job and I know mine. Usually, the only thing that we take turns on is washing the dishes. He also does most of the driving for the kids' activities (which I used to do back in New Jersey when we still had two cars).

Short because....well, I didn't get to finish most of the things on my list. I have always been the queen of unfinished projects and I didn't disappoint. I took my Mom's arrival as an excuse to drop the ball on my spring cleaning - I took her out instead. We had lunch together, window shopped together, bought a few $2 items from Daiso (er, necessary items). We went to the grocery store (hey, that's an errand!). She helped clean out the refrigerator (who has time?) and I did most of the laundry. I went to see Liam and his class perform at the Elementary Theater for the Kaleidoscope of Colors performance. I met up with a new friend for lunch. It seemed like there was always some other reason for not continuing the job I started two weeks ago. Of course, now it's already Friday night....and Judd just came back.

Who wants to do spring cleaning?

Having said all that....the week wasn't lost altogether. I have been feeling pretty groovy! Yes, groovy. I am enjoying having my Mom here (despite the usual Mom and Daughter differences), I have been driving her around - which is what I need to be doing so I can stop being so nervous about driving in Singapore. I reconnected with an old high school classmate from Siena College in Manila - a friend I knew when I was only 12! That is a POST in itself. That was just too cool - I told her that she is living the life of my alter ego. Then today I was invited to an impromptu lunch by one of the class moms in Ariana's class. She's half Filipino and is hilarious! She's so colorful and delightful. I will be seeing her again next week - she's taking me on an adventure.

And Judd is back. Did I mention that already? We're all just happy he is safe and with us. Unfortunately, he will leave again on Monday for a 3 day business trip. I think the kids are getting stressed over his long trips...

Meanwhile, I am perfecting the art of ignoring his absence in order for me not to obsess on his whereabouts and his safety. It used to drive me crazy....

I always miss him when he's away. We all do.

But he's back. Did I mention that already?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, be kind and don't judge me =)