I've had this blog set up for quite a while and each time I open it, I tinker and fiddle. I'm new to this - not the blogging world per se. I love reading other people's blogs and I have been doing so for a couple of years now. I told myself "Wouldn't it be great if I had one, too?". But as with anything in my life it seems, I never quite get to the stage of actually doing it. I want it to look like the blogs I read, with witty comments, lovely photos and a brave posting of what goes on in their lives. Would anyone reading it get bored? Who am I writing for? Is this for me and my family? Can I actually share my thoughts? Will I be judged for how I live my life? Oh boy...even before I can begin, I'm already filled with anxiety. Didn't I envision this blog to be a way to for me to put in words what I long to say? Wasn't it supposed to provide me some form of satisfaction? A venue to "lay it all out" so to speak. Imagine that. So I save the changes I've made and then I conveniently forget it in lieu of doing the laundry. After all, we need underwear.
Today, a very dear friend shared her Holiday greetings by posting a video of her daughter singing - in her blog. Dang! I forgot about her blog! I adore this friend and have always admired her strength and grace (especially under fire). Is it coincidence that she would unwittingly encourage me to type my very first posting? So okay, I still don't know how to upload anything. In fact, I just got a new camera and I also don't know how to use it yet. I bought it so I can take better pics of my kids and also to take pictures for my blog. Everything takes time...and I am going to take it one step at a time too. It is a holiday after all and while my daughter is pulling on my leg so we can play Hi Ho! Cherry-O and the stew I am making is probably bone dry by now, I am already enjoying the process as I type. I just hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed sharing...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, be kind and don't judge me =)