Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Past Week

What a week!

Stayed up REALLY late to watch Obama's inauguration (and yes, watched even online courtesy of CNN via Facebook).



I was so sleepy, I was taking pictures of the TV laying down and came up with some lousy ones just prior to Obama walking out. I did perk up when he finally walked out and now immortalizing the moment on my blog....




Four hours of sleep later, my alarm clock woke us up. Got Ariana ready for her field trip to Chinatown. Judd had agreed to take her this time as a way to be more involved and sure enough, the ONLY Dad who showed up. How cute was that?







Did I mention I bunkered down to do some re-organizing and de-cluttering? With Chinese New Year looming, I finally took down ALL the Christmas decorations with Judd's help. Yes, I am embarrassed to admit, we were the last family to take them down but they are all wrapped up and ready for storing.



What else brings me joy? Freshly ironed clothes....done by someone else! Yes, folks, I finally got myself a really good part time helper. Judd will no longer go to work looking as if a hot iron needs to run after him and I will no longer dread the chore.



After several days of being cooped up though, I needed to GET OUT before I checked myself in to rehab. Bless Judd's heart - heard my call for sanity and offered to work from home and get both kids - while I went out to remember the outside world. I treated myself to a Filipino breakfast of Fried Bangus (Milkfish), Adobo and Rice - which I would've taken a picture of, except I was squeezed in among other Filipinos hungry for our local specialties. I also shopped for a few other things.....





The book was a steal! $40 less than what it was being sold for at the bookstore! Gotta love a good deal....and yes, all the pages were still there and as far as I know, it's in English.

All that shopping and walking reminded me that I'll probably need medication for Arthritis very soon so I went to the nearest coffee shop to sit down (good heavens, NOT Starbucks???). Curse me - it was the lousiest Cappuccino I have ever had in my life AND they had the gall to serve my cup with a coaster that said this:



I beg to differ my friends.....LOVE MEANS HAVING A HUSBAND WHO CARES ENOUGH ABOUT ME TO LET ME HAVE SOME TIME ON MY OWN WHILE HE TAKES OVER MY USUAL RESPONSIBILITIES. And screw their coffee.

I wish I could've documented the rest of the week with more photos - oddly enough, the times I did spend with friends were the ones I was too busy to take pictures. I brought the camera but I was enjoying myself too much to remember to take it out. So now I have photos of the mundane (but necessary).

I visited a friend last Thursday in Bukit Purmei, whose daughter is my Godchild - she generously served me more Filipino goodies, as well as her time - she was actually working from home. Then last night, the family spent the evening with our Canadian friends, who cooked a mighty feast, served good wine and most all of, great company.

Yup, no photos to show for it. Feeling a bit sheepish about that....but sometimes, you give up the photo taking in order to just be in the moment. I don't regret spending every minute just enjoying their company.

So, you see...what a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, be kind and don't judge me =)